Keep it simple, think odd numbers and find a book and a plant! These are the only coffee table styling tips you really need. Want to dive deeper? See below...
1. Choose a focal point: Select one item to be the focal point of your coffee table, such as a decorative tray, vase, or sculpture. This will help to anchor the arrangement.
2. Group items in odd numbers: Grouping items in odd numbers, such as three or five, creates a visually pleasing arrangement. You can mix and match items of different heights and textures to add interest.
3. Add some greenery: Plants and flowers can add a natural touch to your coffee table. You can use a small potted plant, a vase of fresh flowers, or even a small succulent or air plant.
4. Incorporate books: Coffee table books can be a great way to add color and interest to your arrangement. Choose books with interesting covers or topics that match your personal style.
5. Use decorative trays: Trays can be a great way to corral smaller items and keep them organized. You can use a decorative tray to hold candles, coasters, or other small items.
6. Vary the textures: Mixing different textures, such as wood, glass, and metal, can add depth and interest to your arrangement.
7. Keep it balanced: When styling your coffee table, aim for balance. You can achieve this by placing items in a triangular or circular arrangement, or by keeping items evenly spaced.
8. Change it up: Don't be afraid to switch up your coffee table styling from time to time. Try different arrangements and switch out items seasonally to keep things fresh and interesting.
Do you put anything on your coffee table? Once my kids got out of the grabbing and eating everything-stage, I was able to start styling it again. Now, they just play dolls and jump on the vase and books!
If you style your coffee table, tag me @jesswageman.homes on instagram. I would love to see what your styling style is!